St Kilda based restaurant is seeking a dedicated, hard working chef to oversee the running of their kitchen, with sponsorship available for the right candidate.
They are a informal bar/kitchen in St Kilda with an all-Australian focus. Their kitchen features a wood fired grill.
They are looking for a candidate with previous stand out experience and proven ability to perform in these roles.
Must have a minimum of 5 years experience as either a Sous chef or above.
The position has varying degrees of responsibilities and will be discussed on an individual basis on application to the appropriate role.
Such responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for daily food preparation and service.
- Maintaining expected quality of food.
- Monitoring food safety requirements.
- Grill/Fire management
- Day to day operation of a busy kitchen.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ordering, stock control and budgets
- Ability to work within budgetary constraints and perform to KPIs
- Menu creation
- Able to manage and train kitchen staff.
- Good knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety and HACCP
Excellent conditions apply with great support and great package on offer as well as an opportunity to grow within the group.
To apply for this position you must already be based in Australia