About the venue:
This Hotel sits on the edge of a Shopping Centre, in the heart of a lively community junction. A large venue including public bar, casual dining spaces, TAB and VIP Lounge, recreation areas, beer garden and drive-through Bottleshop, the hotel truly has something for everyone.
They have become known for our family friendly atmosphere, great service and quality food and beverage menu. The Bistro has comfy booth seating and is a great place to dine with the family or a group of friends.
Located just a short 10 minute drive to the beach. With beautiful creeks, beaches and national parks close by, this area is the perfect spot if you’re looking to escape the big city life!
They are currently looking for experienced CDP’s to join our close-knit kitchen team. Under the leadership of our Head Chef, you will be responsible for delivering the amazing food that their guests have come to know and love them for. They are looking for someone who is keen to roll up their sleeves and work hard in a fast-paced environment
A bit about the role:
- Take care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Bistro
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks
- Coordinates daily tasks with the Senior Chefs
- Responsible for supervising junior Chefs
- Ensure that the production, preparation, and presentation of food are always of the highest quality
- Be able to maintain kitchen procedures and WHS standards
- Have full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards
A bit about you:
- Have a passion for excellent quality food, produce and service
- Have the ability to work efficiently under high pressure situations in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Reliable, punctual, and hard working
- Have a sound knowledge of food, health, and safety procedures
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role – large, high volume kitchen.
- Be available to work a mix of days, nights and weekends
What is in it for you?
- Training and development
- Supportive environment
- Career growth within the group
- Awesome benefits program with generous discounts across all W. Short Hospitality venues and external companies
- Relocation opportunity!
- Sponsorship available for eligible candidates.
Applicants must already be in Australia to apply for this position.