The company is a growing business with production facilities in Wangara, Perth and Smithfield, Sydney. They manufacture high-performance polymer seals that are designed for use in a broad range of hydraulic, pneumatic, and rotating equipment.
They are seeking a CNC Machinist / Programmer / Operator to work in their technical production team at their Branch in Western Sydney. A key focus of the role is being able to work well individually and in a team environment, manufacturing customised sealing solutions on our tailor-made CNC 2-Axis Lathe machines.
The position is a permanent full-time position. The successful candidate must be flexible with working hours and willing to work overtime and weekends/public holidays if required.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Full CNC Machine Turning – operating and programming (SIEMENS controls a preference).
- Select proper tools, edit programs.
- Produce parts from drawings to specific tolerances.
- Read and understand engineering/manufacturing drawings and blueprints.
- Competently work on manual lathe, milling machine, grinding machines and bandsaw.
- Follow all production processes in a safe and timely manner.
- Inspect and verify parts by using precision gauges including Circumference Tape, Electronic Digital calipers, and other measuring equipment used.
- Assisting with Packing and Dispatch where required.
- Machine maintenance – maintaining your tools, equipment, and workspace.
- Have a high regard for health and safety in the workplace.
Skills and experience
They are looking for a highly driven individual who thrives on working in a small, close knit team, in a CNC Engineering Polymer (Plastics, Rubber, Teflon) Seal environment.
Ideally, you will have:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in a machine shop or similar
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Desire to learn CNC machining
- Ideally candidates would be Australian Citizens or permanent residents however, sponsorship will be considered for onshore candidates.
Job benefits and perks
Clean, modern production environment
- Great team environment
- Flexible and supportive company culture
- Strong focus on Training and Development
- Paid day off on your Birthday
- Company Employee Assistance Program
- Regular team/company lunches